Enjoy Your English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAll MailMessengers
Think why you are in this world.
Stay Informed
Be Informed of What is New on Time !!
Leave Your Email Address to Tell You :
Email:

Peace Corps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
innimpha

Age : 36 Registration date : 2009-01-03 Number of posts : 1 Location : Poland

Peace Corps Vide
PostSubject: Peace Corps   Peace Corps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:21 am

Hello!

I'm new here:]
I'm looking for information about what people think of the Peace Corps and its work, and about interesting/funny anecdotes or stories about the Peace Corps.
I would be very appreciate of any sort of information, because it is the search which I have to do for my English classes...
Is there any Peace Corps in your country? Or if you heard anything about it please mail me innimpha@gmail.com

Martha
Back to top Go down
heron

heron

Age : 39 Registration date : 2008-08-30 Number of posts : 133 Location : Heaven
Character sheet
best pet: Dinosaur

Peace Corps Vide
PostSubject: Re: Peace Corps   Peace Corps Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:16 am

Dear Martha,
Actually, I read about the facts, aims, and missions of Peace Corps but I didn’t come across with any volunteer of it; yet I can give an outline about what I think about it. When reading about the establishment of Peace Corps and the benefits it aims at accomplishment, you can be very pleased because that's really wonderful and great because you get career benefits, educational benefits, loan deferment, financial benefits and medical and safety benefits.

On the other hand, when thinking deeply about Peace Corps I can see a hidden concept which is the American globalization as it is depicted clearly in the following standards:

1. You can think of the three missions Mr. John Kennedy constructed his ideas on.
____a. Helping the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained men and women.
____b. Helping promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served.
____c. Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans.

2. You can see the logo of the Peace Corps depicted as a circle covered with the American flag.

3. If you want to be a Peace Corps Volunteer you will be asked the following question:
Are you a U.S citizen?

4. "Is the Peace Corps an imperialistic, strategic organization focused on expanding power and foreign influence? the answer may be yes, because how can 7,000 Americans per year serving in developing countries be anything other than a "foreign influence focused on globalization?""

"So , by having Americans placed in various corners of the world is a way of expanding U.S. influence and presence."

I think in my opinion that Peace Corps is trying to change the ideology of the globe by introducing an American ideology to be breathed unconsciously by people.

I hope every body will post his notions about Peace Corps because I think it is an interesting topic to talk about for this week.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Back to top Go down

Peace Corps

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enjoy Your English :: Use It :: General Discussion -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com