Enjoy Your English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAll MailMessengers
Think why you are in this world.
Stay Informed
Be Informed of What is New on Time !!
Leave Your Email Address to Tell You :
Email:

One Guest Only>>>Short Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Maissoon

Maissoon

Age : 36 Registration date : 2009-04-20 Number of posts : 29 Location : Planet Earth
Character sheet
best pet: Tiger..

One Guest Only>>>Short Story Vide
PostSubject: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:27 pm

One Guest Only
Short story

A woman came out of her house and saw three old men
with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She couldn't recognize them. She said "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and hove something to eat".
Razz "Is the man of the house home?", they asked. "No", she replied, "he is out". "Then we
cannot come in", they replied.
Neutral

And in the evening, when her husband came home, she
told him what happened
scratch . Her husband told her "Go..tell them I am home and invite them to come in" Suspect . The wife went out and invited the men in. "We don't do into a house together", they replied Crying or Very sad . She asked "why is that?". Shocked One of the old men explained: "His name is Wealth Cool " he said that as pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to the other one, " He is Success study , and I am Love I love you ".

Then the wife went home and told her husband to what
was said
Shocked . Her husband was overjoyed. Laughing "Wealth, How nice!!" he said "since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Cool Let him come and to fill our home with wealth". But his wife disagreed, "My dear, why don't we invite success?!" Mad .

Their daughter-in-low
rabbit was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion, "Would it not be better to invite Love? Embarassed Our home then will be filled with love" bounce . "Well then! Let's heed our daughter-in-low's advice" the husband said, Sad "Go out and invite Love to be our guest".

The wife went out and asked the three old men,"Where's Love?
Please come in and be our guest". Embarassed Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other two also got up and followed him tongue . Surprised, the wife asked Wealth and Success: "I only invited Love, why are you coming in with?". Evil or Very Mad Then, the old men replied: Surprised "If you had invited Wealth or Success alone, the other two of us would have stay out, Sad but since you invited Love wherever He goes, we
go with him
Wink . Wherever there is love there is also wealth and success." cheers

One Guest Only>>>Short Story 337820207
Maissoon

Back to top Go down
heron

heron

Age : 39 Registration date : 2008-08-30 Number of posts : 133 Location : Heaven
Character sheet
best pet: Dinosaur

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:44 pm

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Back to top Go down
Maissoon

Maissoon

Age : 36 Registration date : 2009-04-20 Number of posts : 29 Location : Planet Earth
Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:26 pm

You have erred in the address, Mr Heron.

Who's told you that I understand poetry??

I usually run away from poetry lectures at the university. My doctors of poetry, there, do not know my face but in hall tests because I ask much... tongue

Maissoon

Last edited by Maissoon on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
heron

heron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:15 pm

poetry was my favourite subject in the university, especially the romantic poetry. however, the extract above is taken from Shakespeare's Macbeth.
Back to top Go down
Maissoon

Maissoon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:22 pm

I am late in the reply ....Sorry!! I went on a short visit to my grandmother's house.
Right!! It's an extract taken from a play of Macbeth by Shakespeare. I've just remembered... tongue But what is appropriate to mention such a thing? it's a very tragedy drama of Macbeth and his wife..Lady Macbeth..!! from my viewpoint, he's a devil and deserves such end... tongue

I don't know why you, in every time, make a fool of me!!! Mad

Maissoon
Back to top Go down
heron

heron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:30 pm

yeah, that is right Maisoon. But, forget about Macbeth, forget about shakespeare and concentrate in the passage itself.
it is lines of poetry talking about the meaning of life and so far. Did you get the point. Actually, I didn't read Macbeth before, but what i read is just these lines because they are very significant regardless of the story of the tragedy.

Thank you so much
Back to top Go down
Maissoon

Maissoon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:04 pm

Look! I've read this play and watched the movie of Macbeth as well. But these lines, I think, said by him after he killed the king to become a king after; he says them to his wife....
Actually, I don't remember where I throw the book, otherwise I'm gonna get sure...I don't know sorry.. the book is not in the treasury ... Where did it go??
Back to top Go down
Maissoon

Maissoon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Uh! Finally I found the book of Macbeth's play. It was hiding in an old bag under my bed.
Wherever, this passage is in the last act of the play; the act V (5): scene V. They are saying by the character Macbeth but not saying to his wife, as I thought. He says that when the news of the death of his wife was informed him by a servant in the castle. Macbeth despite the hardness of his heart , becomes sad and says "She should have died hereafter;...(then the passage above)" which talks about the helplessness of human beings.

But, Mr Heron, I never agree with this desperate man of life especially when he says: "..It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
signifying nothing."
which he means.. life is like a foolish story told by an idiot, full of noise and violence, without any real meaning.

Mr Heron, get some feelings about how much this life is being nice.

Maissoon
Back to top Go down
heron

heron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:24 pm

OK Maisoon but I agree with him in this point. life is depicted as a candle melting as time passes. and what i liked more in these lines is the similes.
for example ; life is candle.
life is a walking a shadow.
and life after all is nothing
because we all are going to leave this mortal world and leave nothing behind.

Actually, I'm trying to get that feeling of being happy with life, but the flower that smiles today, tomorrow dies,
and all we wish to stay,tempts and then flies.
what is this world's delight?
Lightning, that mocks the night,
Brief even as bright.--

Virtue, how frail it is!--
Friendship, how rare!--
Love, how it sells poor bliss
For proud despair!
But these though they soon fall,
Survive their joy, and all
Which ours we call.--
Whilst skies are blue and bright,
Whilst flowers are gay,
Whilst eyes that change ere night
Make glad the day;
Whilst yet the calm hours creep,
Dream thou - and from thy sleep
Then wake to weep.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Maissoon

Maissoon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:43 pm

You really took me ill...I won't discuss you more!!

But Next time you MUST write my name with two (s) not just one (s) because with one -s- it's gonna pronounce like Maizoon /meizu:n/ NOt Maissoon /meisu:n/...OK, Mr Heron.

Maissoon
Back to top Go down
heron

heron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:53 am

OK MaiSSoon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Guest Only>>>Short Story   One Guest Only>>>Short Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Guest Only>>>Short Story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enjoy Your English :: English Literature :: English Literature -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com